Sunday, February 2, 2014

Portion Control...the Easy Way

The obsession began in my teens.  I have an older brother who lives in Memphis, TN.  Many week-ends during high school and college I would visit him.  Being from a small town, Memphis is where all the action was.  I saw many a good concert during those years. :)  One week-end while visiting my brother he took me to a restaurant called Red Lobster.  That was it!.  The damage was done!  I have eaten at many nice restaurants  since then, and have enjoyed my meals.  However, nothing compares to Red Lobster in my book.  Anyone who knows me well knows that if given a choice, I will choice Red Lobster over ANY restaurant.  

I quite literally can hear the restaurant calling my name during Endless Shrimp weeks and Lobsterfest.  My stomach knows no limits when I am there, thoroughly enjoying my food.  Therefore, I was more than a little apprehensive last Friday night when my husband and I took our twins who were home visiting from college to my favorite place in the whole world.  (I have purposefully stayed away from there the last few months...not trusting myself.)

I have done so well on Plexus Slim.  (I am down 15 pounds now!) The sweet cravings are so very low, and I get full quickly when eating my meals.   It is like portion control without having to do anything or without feeling deprived.

I guess Red Lobster was to be my biggest test.  Could I eat there and not go crazy?  Could I leave the shrimp scampi on my plate and take it home for another meal?  I was nervous, but, I kept thinking about how I was always surprised when I sat down to eat something I really liked and would become full very quickly since starting Plexus. 

Well, of course, I ordered my favorite, the combination of 3 shrimp choices...Walt's favorite shrimp, shrimp scampi, and shrimp Alfredo.  YUM!  
I started with one of the mouth-watering garlic/cheese biscuits.  I LOVE those too!  However, they didn't taste as yummy as usual.  The salad was good, but, I began getting really full about half way through it and didn't finish it.  Then came the main course.  My plate was so huge, we had to move things around on the table.  

Of course, it was delicious.  But, I was full.  I mean full like I couldn't eat very much at all.  After several bites I was done.  It was inconceivable to my family that I stopped so soon after receiving my food.  

I was so happy I took a picture of the food left on my plate.  WoW!  I left Red Lobster feeling full and more importantly, feeling good about myself.  I have passed the final test!  Plexus Slim has curbed my appetite at Red Lobster!  I am a believer.  Portion control at its simplest!


This is my plate AFTER I finished eating all I wanted!
Oh Happy Day!



I will not be nervous now anywhere I choose to eat!
My new motto!


Just click on one of the two pictures to get
 started on your healthy weight loss journey!

1 comment: