Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Resolution - Lose Weight? Diet?

Happy New Year's Day!  I hope everyone enjoyed themselves last night.  My family always gets together with our best friends and our families...with food being the main focus throughout the night.  You name it, we have it!  I was concerned about how my willpower, craving less sweets, and satisfied feelings were going to hold out with all the hot wings, cheese dip, chips, cakes, cupcakes, cocktail sausages, sausage balls, and on and on that were set out for the taking ALL evening!  Could I be strong?  Would I be satisfied?  I had been good all through Thanksgiving and Christmas without being deprived.  In fact, I had lost 10 pounds since November, much of it being through the holidays.  But, New's Years Eve is usually when I binge in the worst way, cramming in everything I can eat before the big New Year's resolution day.  

I make the same resolution every single year!  Lose weight.  Every year I say, "This is really going to be the year I lose weight! Why does no one believe me?" So, every New Year's Eve I eat everything I know I will not be able to have after I begin my "diet" the next day.  I don't know my reasoning other than maybe I think that if I over-eat enough of the foods I love, it will hold my cravings off for a while.  All I know, is it has become a yearly tradition for me...eat until I am stuffed and miserable, then go on a "diet" the next day.

Over the years, I have given up my diet plan, even before the end of January 1.  Very sad.  I have no willpower. Sometimes my diet will last a week or so.  Some years, I begin an exercise routine to go along with dieting.  This lasts until I have something to do something one night, a show is on I must watch, or an injury occurs from overdoing it...whichever one comes first.

One year, as my New Year's resolution, I joined a gym with numerous other good-intentioned, very naive people.  I went a couple of months, inconsistently, only because I felt guilty about paying for a year's membership fee.  After working out, I would usually stop on the way home and reward myself with food of some sort.

Another year, I decided to join a weight loss program as my New Year's resolution.  My friend and I would go weigh-in once a week and attend a meeting while we were there.  By the 4th or 5th week, we were becoming desperate.  We were weighing our socks before we put them on, and leaving our jewelry at home. We couldn't wait to leave the meeting so we could go stuff ourselves and, in our own words, "pig-out" on the way home.  After several months, I did eventually lose 12 pounds.  However, I felt hungry and miserable most of that time.  And yes, the weight came right back, plus more after my "maintenance program" started.

I am no light-weight when it comes to dieting.  I have done everything that anyone could do incorrectly when it comes to losing weight.  I have starved myself, rotated and counted calories, taken my fair share of prescription diet pills, counted fat grams, carbs, and points, purchased and listened to a hypnosis dvd, and taken crystal granules that you sprinkle on your food. The list continues with green tea, herbs, homemade concoctions, and white crosses purchased at a convenience store that made my scalp tingle and gave me the sensation that I really could crawl out of my skin.  I'll stop here but, you get the idea.  I won't even get into all the useless exercise equipment, some of it rather expensive, I have purchased over the years.    

This year, I am going to make the same New Year's resolution.  Yes, I am!  You can't talk me out of it! :)  This year, 2014, however, is going to be different.  The reason I know this is that I have lost 10 pounds of weight from November 6 - Dec. 31.  I have lost weight through Thanksgiving and Christmas...a first for me...EVER!  I did it being totally satisfied with what I ate.  I ate the foods I wanted...I just didn't eat as much...didn't want it!  

I have found my answer to losing weight.  I do not call it a diet.  Since I eat what I want, I call it, "lowering my food intake."  Plexus Slim is a powder, similar to a Crystal Light packet, that you pour in a drink once a day.  You drink it and your done.  It is that easy!   

Do I have to exert some willpower?  Yes.  But, Plexus makes it easy to do since it makes you feel satisfied quicker and lessens your cravings for sweets.  It does this naturally and using only healthy ingredients.   (Listen to the video in the previous post from a doctor talking about each ingredient in Plexus Slim).  I am not naive enough to believe there is a magic drink or pill out there.  However, I do feel this is as close as it gets!  I have the willpower to put down the fork, and I do not need as many sweets.  I know each and every day that I can eat whatever I want!  No depriving myself...EVER!  That is a liberating feeling for a life-long dieter.  

Other health benefits from Plexus.  My blood pressure has dropped from 188/84 on November 6, 2013 to 137/80 on December 31, 2013. WoW!  My sleep apnea symptoms that were to send me to a sleep apnea center at the first of this year, have all but disappeared.  Now, I don't have to face the fear of having surgery or wearing an oxygen mask the rest of my life.  I have dodged that bullet, thanks to Plexus!

If you are ready to lose weight, just give me a holler! We can do this together!  I am so excited about what this year is going to bring.  I know for a fact that Plexus has worked for me and others.  (My husband has already lost 9 pounds in about 3 weeks).  

Just follow the link below to visit my Facebook page, Pixie Pink Plexus. (No, the site is not just for women.  Men drink Plexus too!)  Click LIKE while you are there to get posts and updates from me! 




If you would like to find out more information about Plexus Slim or to purchase products, follow the link below.




Let's get excited for the New Year and all the positive  changes we can make!  (I am actually looking forward to wearing a swimsuit at the beach this year!)





No comments:

Post a Comment