Saturday, November 23, 2013

Plexus Slim - Let's Get This Party Started!

Hello Everyone!  My name is Lisa and I'm a 51 year old school teacher and mother of 3  from Georgia.  I have been dieting since I was in junior high...a.k.a. middle school.  I did a fairly decent job of it throughout my teenage and college years while I was active and my metabolism had not yet packed up and left the country...nowhere to be found.  I, like so many people who struggle with weight loss, became a  yo-yo dieter after the pregnancy of my first child in 1991.  Since then, it has been a real struggle fighting the good fight with my weight.  Yes, I have tried everything that has come out in the last 20+ years.  I have become hardened and cynical of weight loss products but, that hasn't stopped the small glimmer of hope deep inside from whispering that I might one day be thin.

A few weeks ago, during a dieting hiatus, I took my daughter who was home visiting from college out to eat.  (I have 3 kids in college...any donations to the college fund would be greatly appreciated...lol).  During our lunch conversation she told me about a girl in her sorority that had lost weight drinking a pink drink called Plexus Slim.  I was interested but, hesitant at the same time.  I didn't want to be pulled in on taking yet another useless "diet" product.  My daughter continued talking and the more she talked, and the more pictures of this girl's family (they all took the pink drink) that I saw, my ears perked up a little more. 

 I spent the rest of the week-end researching the Plexus Slim drink and the company which sold it. The more I looked, the better I liked my chances of losing weight on it.  By Sunday night, I decided to take the plunge once again and see if this drink did any better than the other multitudes of things I had tried in the past.  Hey, you are reading a blog from a woman who didn't just try normal things like gym memberships, Weight Watchers, 2 treadmills, packaged diet foods, various weight loss prescription drugs, Sweatin' with the Oldies and numerous other exercise videos, 2 weight gyms, palates chair, and every other piece of exercise equipment that came along. No, I became so desperate throughout the years that I even tried the unconventional things.  I have a DVD from where I tried hypnosis...an embarrassing fact my family will never let me live down.  I wasted 2 months of my life carrying around a product that I sprinkled on my food each time before I ate anything.  I had a slick pad and a pair of booties, (the type similar to what surgeons wear), to "ice skate" the weight away...another humiliating memory.  I believe the ice skating equipment ended up in my kids' playroom in a toy box. 

I decided to order Plexus Slim, along with the Accelerator pills that you have the option of purchasing with the Plexus Slim.  The Plexus Slim is a pink powder in a small packet, similar to Crystal Light powder packets.  These type of packets remind me of the Pixie Sticks I used to love as a child...hence the blog name Pixie Pink.  You simply add the powder to a bottle or glass of water...and you're done for the day. :)  After researching the Plexus Slim drink, I feel very confident in taking it.  It has nothing harmful in it and even children take it.  The drink originally began as a way to help people control diabetes.  The side effect was weight loss.  


Weight Information

I am not quite 5 foot tall and weigh 148 pounds.  To some people, 148 pounds might not seem too awful.  But, when you are short, those pounds are noticeable!  I need to lose at the very least, 40 pounds to be in the healthy range for my height.  I am most comfortable in a size 14, but, can wear a 12 from some stores.  I do understand that some brand name sizes run larger, but, to a person needing to lose weight, it can make your day to fit into a smaller size, even if it is just a fluke.  


How's It Working?

Well...I have been on Plexus Slim for 2 weeks.  The first week I lost 3 pounds.  The second week I have lost 2 pounds.  I have gone from 148 pounds to 143 pounds.  I'm really excited.  No, I did not lose 7 pounds in water weight the first week, but, I did not deprive myself of anything, nor did I want to fight someone.  At this point in my life, I understand that a good, effective weight loss is a slower weight loss.  Don't get me wrong, I am truly excited about losing 5 pounds.  It's been a long time since I have done that! Plus, knowing that I am going to lose more makes me all giddy!

I have high blood pressure.  So, even though I took the Accelerator pills the first 4 days, I did quit taking them.  It clearly says on the pill bottle if you have high blood pressure, do not take the pills!  I am generally a rule follower but, I was so excited about speedy weight loss that I took them anyway.  Common sense finally took hold and I stopped using them.  I have read that weight loss on Plexus Slim without the Accelerator pills will be slower.  I'm ok with that.  5 pounds is nothing to sneeze at!

The Plexus Slim drink tastes great.  The flavor is cherry/pomegranate.  I drink my Plexus Slim in the morning and do not have to do anything else the rest of the day.  That's what I call simple.

I still eat what I want, which is the really, really cool part.  I just don't eat as much.  It's strange because I still want to eat but when I sit down for a meal I just don't want as much, even though I am thinking how hungry I am when I first start eating.  I love chocolate and all things sweet.  I have noticed a reduction in my cravings for these items.    

I compare how I feel on Plexus Slim to when I took the prescription medicine Redux.  It was the sister pill to Phen-Phen and was quite popular in the 1990's while it lasted.  Redux made me feel I was not dieting.  It made me less hungry and curved my cravings.  I was losing weight without even trying and eating what I wanted. I was in awe of it!   Unfortunately, Redux was labeled extremely "Dangerous" and taken off the market forever.  I cried...literally...for days...never really getting over it.  Redux was the ONLY thing that had EVER worked for me. It was so simple.  It was so easy. It worked so well.  Then it was gone!   So, if I had to compare the Plexus Slim drink to anything, I would say it worked like Redux for me, except Plexus Slim has only healthy ingredients, which makes it a much more logical choice. It works subtly, but, effectively.  You start feeling full faster than normal.  Now, some words of advice.  If you do get satisfied and full, STOP EATING!  If you do not crave something, DO NOT EAT IT!  You have to be willing to heed the signs, or nothing will ever work for you!

I will keep you posted on my pink drink adventure.  I feel it has started out with a bang already!  I am excited about the weeks and months to come!   Below is a "now" picture of me at 148 pounds.  If you would like to begin this new adventure with me, just click on the "now" picture below and lets get started together!



Me:  Starting my adventure @ 148 pounds. 

Thanksgiving is this week, so, this should be interesting! :) 
 I can do it!






2 comments:

  1. Lisa, I never knew that you struggled so with your body image because of your weight. Probably because I've never thought of you as being that overweight. And I probably never thought of you being that overweight because I was comparing myself to you! Anyway, I am proud of your courage to blog about something that has been so personal and painful. And just so you know, the first thing I notice in the picture is... your smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joanne! I appreciate that. By the way, you are looking great!

    ReplyDelete